Please Join us for an 8-week BEGINNING Hiking for Fitness Program. The program leaders will guide you on a series of weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Before the first hike, the leader will discuss proper shoes, hydration, incorporating hiking poles, proper pacing, etc. The group’s final hike aims for the long route up Vista Trail, where hikers can enjoy the beautiful vistas.
The Hiking series costs $80, or free (including free parking on Sugarloaf hikes) for hikers with a ParkRx from a Sonoma County Medical Provider. Click here for ParkRx info.
1) Sat 9/7 – White Barn to Uranus, 2.2 miles, 80 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
2) Sat 9/14 – Meadow Hillside Loop starting, ending at campground, 3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
3) Sat 9/21 – Spring Lake / Lake Ralphine loop 4.3 miles 250 ft elev [meet @ Cobblestone parking lot: 6024 Channel Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95409]
4) Sat 9/28 – Stern Pony Gate and Canyon, Stern Road 3 miles, 500 ft elev [meet @ main lot]
5) Sat 10/5 – Jack London Park, May’s Clearing loop, 3.7 miles, 430 ft elev [meet @ 2400 London Ranch Road, Glen Ellen, CA 95442, upper parking lot]
6) Sat 10/12 – Vista Trail loop (clockwise), 3.6 miles 700 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
7) Sat 10/19 – Neptune Picnic Table, 4.3 miles 640 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
8) Sat 10/26 – Hillside + Vista Trail loop (ccw), 4.7 miles 1000 ft elev [meet @ white barn]